Ford Ave. Redevelopment Agency
Mission & Authority of the Ford Avenue Redevelopment Agency
The governing body of the Borough of Milltown has authorized the Ford Avenue Redevelopment Agency to serve as the redevelopment entity responsible for implementing the Borough’s redevelopment plans for the Ford Avenue Redevelopment Area.
As the redevelopment entity designated by the governing body, the redevelopment agency may undertake the clearance, replanning, development, and redevelopment of the area designated in that plan. In order to carry out and effectuate the purposes of the terms of the redevelopment plan, the redevelopment agency may:
- Acquire property by negotiation or condemnation.
- If owned or acquired, clear any area and install, construct or reconstruct streets, facilities, utilities, and site improvements essential to the preparation of the site for use in accordance with the redevelopment plan.
- Prepare or arrange by contract for the provision of professional services and the preparation of plans by registered architects, licensed professional engineers or planners, or other consultants to carry out of the redevelopment project.
- Arrange or contract with public agencies or the redeveloper for the planning, replanning, construction, or undertaking of the project or redevelopment work, or any part thereof and negotiate and collect revenue from the redeveloper to defray the costs of the redevelopment agency.
- Arrange or contract with public agencies or the redeveloper for the opening, grading or closing of streets, roads, or other places or for the furnishing of facilities or for the acquisition by the agency of property options or property rights or for the furnishing of property or services in connection with a redevelopment area.
- Convey property or improvements to the redeveloper pursuant to this section, without public bidding and at such prices and upon such terms as it deems reasonable, provided that the conveyance is made in conjunction with a redevelopment plan.
- Enter upon any building or property in any redevelopment area in order to conduct investigations or make surveys, sounding or test borings necessary to carry out the redevelopment plan.
- Arrange for the relocation of residents, industry or commerce displaced from the redevelopment area.
- Publish and disseminate information concerning the redevelopment area, plan, or project.
Within these parameters, the redevelopment agency is authorized to do things necessary or convenient to carry out its powers.
Download the Mission and Authority of the Ford Avenue Redevelopment Agency here.
Executive Director - Richard Rydstrom | (732) 718-7829 | 29 Bresslar Road, Flemington, New Jersey 08822
Ford Avenue Redevelopment Historical Narrative
In February, 2001, Milltown began proceedings to designate the Ford Avenue area (the “Property”) as an area in need of redevelopment pursuant to the Local Redevelopment and Housing Law (LRHL), N.J.S.A. 40A:12A–1. et seq. The Borough Council directed the Planning Board to conduct an investigation to determine whether the subject property met the factual and legal criteria to be deemed an “area in need of redevelopment.“
- 2019 Adopted Budget Milltown Ford Ave. Redevelopment Agency
- 2020 Adopted Budget Milltown Ford Ave. Redevelopment Agency
- 2021 Adopted Budget Milltown Ford Ave. Redevelopment Agency
- 2022 Adopted Budget Milltown Ford Ave. Redevelopment Agency
- 2023 Adopted Budget Milltown Ford Avenue Redevelopment Agency