Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
$50.00 fee when application submitted Ten (10) Business Days or more before closing/ change of Occupancy
$75.00 fee when application submitted less than ten (10) business days before closing/change of occupancy.
$125.00 fee when application submitted less than four (4) business days before closing/change of occupancy.
$20.00 fee for Re-inspection for a failed inspection.
$75.00 fee for Failure to be present for scheduled inspection without notification.
1. Smoke Detectors and carbon monoxide detectors must be within 10 feet of any bedroom.
2. For Floors that don't have bedrooms, there must be at least one smoke detector on each floor. If you have an unfinished attic you do not require a smoke detector in the attic. Both finished and unfinished basements require a smoke detector.
3. Smoke Detectors cannot be more than 10 years old. Stand Alone Carbon Monoxide detectors must be less than 7 years old. To determine the age of your detector look at the date of manufacture on the rear of the unit.
If the smoke detector has a manufacture date more than 10 years old (7 years for stand alone carbon monoxide detectors), you must replace the unit to pass inspection. If you have a combination smoke/carbon monoxide detector it must have a manufacture date less than 10 years old.
4. If you need to replace a hard-wired smoke detector, it must be replaced with a hard-wired detector. You cannot put battery-powered smoke detector in the place of a hard-wired detector. You can upgrade a battery powered smoke detector to a hard-wired electric if you so choose.
5. When replacing any battery-powered smoke detector, the replacement battery-powered smoke detector must have a factory installed and maintenance free 10-year battery.
6. Fire Extinguishers must be a 2-A:10-B:C type. Look for a label on the outside of the box stating 2-A:10-B:C. (These extinguishers should be red in color and weigh approximately 5 pounds and are ABC type.) Fire Extinguishers should be mounted on the wall on the way out of the kitchen utilizing the bracket supplied in the box.
7. A receipt must be left with the extinguisher showing that the extinguisher was purchased less than one year ago. If the receipt is older than one year the extinguisher must be replaced with a new unit. A NJ State licensed contractor inspection tag can also be substituted for the receipt as long as its been issued in the past 12 months.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field