Paying Your Taxes
All payments may be made by cash, check or money order.
- In Person-please bring your entire bill with you so that we may receipt the back of your bill for you.
- Drop box- located next to the Police Department’s entrance for your convenience and is available after hours only. All payments left in the drop box are posted as of the next business day.
- Mail-along with your payment, please send your tax bill stub to:
Borough of Milltown Tax Department
39 Washington Avenue
Milltown, NJ 08850
- Borough’s Website - Transaction fees will apply.
- Online Banking through your own bank- these payments are not electronic. Your bank converts these payments into a paper check that must transit through the postal system. Please keep this in mind when scheduling your payment to allow enough time to be delivered by the due date. We suggest at least 7-10 days.
Verify Your Checks
It is quite often necessary to return checks that are incorrectly written. These errors can result in delays that may cause interest charges for late payments. Please follow the list below to avoid some of the most common errors.
- The check must be made payable to the Borough of Milltown.
- The check must be signed and dated.
- The written amount must match the numeric amount on the check
- The check must be written from a valid bank account.
Delinquent Interest Charged on Taxes
By law, the Borough of Milltown has adopted by Resolution, instituting an interest rate of 8% per annum on the first $1,500.00 of delinquency and 18% per annum on any amount in excess of $1,500.00. The Tax Collector is also authorized to charge a taxpayer having a tax, water, sewer and electric delinquency in excess of $10,000.00, at the end of the calendar year, a Year-End-Penalty of 6%. (N.J.S.A. 54:4-67)