The Milltown Municipal Clerk’s Office issues and maintains all food licenses. No person shall operate a retail food establishment without a license from the Borough of Milltown. A retail food establishment shall include any fixed, mobile, or temporary operation where food is served, handled or provided to the public, whether for charge or not.
The applications must be completed and submitted to the Borough Clerk with applicable fees.
No applications will be accepted by E-mail or Fax.
Annual Food Licenses
Annual Food Licenses must be renewed every year by December 31. The Municipal Clerk's Office will send out reminders for licenses to the address on file.
In order for a license to be issued for an establishment:
- Completed application must be submitted
- Fee for the establishment must be paid at time of application
- This differs based on the type and size of establishment. Please see application for appropriate fees.
- Satisfactory inspection from Middlesex County Health Department.
- All assessments, Taxes, Water, Sewer and Electric must be current.
Please complete the Food Handler's Annual Renewal Application.
Special or Temporary Event Food License
Special or Temporary Event Food Licenses are issued for a period not to exceed seven (7) days. If you are participating in a local event and will be providing, preparing, serving or selling food at a location that is not annually licensed, a Special or Temporary Event License is required.
In order for a license to be issued for a Special or Temporary Event:
- Completed Application must be submitted
- Fee for the vendor must be paid at time of application
- Satisfactory inspection or inspection scheduled for day of with Middlesex County Health Department
- Satisfactory inspection or Inspection scheduled for day of with the Middlesex County Fire Marshall
Please complete the Special or Temporary Food Handler's Application