A per state statute N.J.S.A. 4:19-5.1 et seq. all dogs in the State of New Jersey must be licensed. Per Milltown Ordinance Chapter 5, Cats and Dogs must procure a license annually.
Animal Licenses are issued beginning in January of each year. Late charges begin February 1 of the licensing year. Renewal reminders are sent in the month of December to all owners who have currently licensed their animal.
Obtain a License
In order to procure a license, the following is necessary:
- Application and Payment
- If Spayed/ neutered $9.00 (nine dollars) per dog
- If not Spayed/ Neutered $12.00 (Twelve dollars) per dog
- If Spayed/ neutered $9 (nine dollars) per Cat
- If not Spayed/ Neutered $12 (twelve dollars) per Cat
- Proof of Spay / Neuter
- Dogs and cats are not required to be neutered. If the dog or cat is not neutered/ spayed a population control fee of $3.00 will be added to the cost of the license.
- Proof of Valid Rabies Vaccination
- State law requires that your animals’ rabies vaccination must be valid through October 31 of the licensing year. If your animals’ rabies vaccination expires anytime between January and October of the current year, the animal will need to be re-vaccinated before a license can be issued.
Applications must be received by January 31 of the licensing year or are otherwise subject to late fees and summons.
Free Rabies Clinics are hosted by Middlesex County. To see the schedule of Rabies Clinics currently scheduled visit the Middlesex County Rabies Clinics website.